Sunday, October 3, 2010

Discouragement out, motivation in.

I've been doing weight watchers for about two months now. I am overweight and I want to be healthy, but more then that, I want to be able to glorify God with my body and I believe that means being healthy and taking care of what He gave me.

I've lost a total of 9lbs, as of last week. It was incredibly encouraging! I was under the weight I had started the summer with! I was 1lb away from my first goal weight which was 10lbs less then the weight I began with.

This morning I weighed myself as I do every Sunday. I had gained 1.8lbs. I was almost devastated. I say almost because when I've tried to lose weight in the past, whenever I'd gain weight, I would become discouraged and give up. Yes, I know it's extreme, but I've never been one to do things half way. I decided going into this weight loss journey that no matter what, I would not be discouraged. I want to be motivated only. I don't want to give up.

I post this in asking for prayer. I ask you to pray with me as I ask God to give me the motivation, not the ability, to lose weight. Even if it's .2lbs a week for the next year, it's weight loss. It's one step towards being a healthier me and being able to represent God better by being healthier. He is the only way I can lose or gain weight and I believe that He wants me to be healthy.

So, my motto--and prayer-- from here on out is, "Discouragement out, motivation in."

--Maggie Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment