Thursday, August 16, 2012

One Month Sugarfree...um help?

One of the things my counselor has consistently told me was to cut out sugar. See, natural sugars like fructose (found in fruit) is more likely to give you energy then to turn to fat...I think.

And when you eat processed sugar, you're body will begin to crave it. Just like when you eat a bunch of one thing that's low on the glycemic(sp?) index your body craves it and there's this crazy cycle that I can't really explain..haha

So my counselor has been suggesting that i cut out all sugar and things that are really processed. Well, tomorrow starts day 1 of my friend's and I's month of no sugar. It's kind of terrifying and I already feel my body rejecting the idea...but I think it'll be good. I'm gonna get lots of nuts, whole wheat breads, fruits, veggies, etc.

If your body is craving sugar...does it really care what sugar it gets? Or when you crave it does your brain just say "Oh there's that familiar sugar craving..chocolate has sugar. Eat that and we'll be fine."  or is it like "SUGAR CRAVING! CHOCOLATE! MUST EAT IT!" Hmm..I'm thinking it's more towards the latter...but reason and God are gonna start breaking through with my brain and when I have that disgusting craving for bad foods..I'm going to try something different.

Oh the Lord knows He's gotta help me..I know He's probably sitting on His throne just laughing up a storm knowing how much I'm going to HAVE to rely on Him and His guidance. Pray that I actually DO rely on Him..and that I don't give in to the enemy's lies about "If you have a craving, you must satisfy it."

Oh and this is too rich to not share!

I'm literally about to leave and go grocery shopping. Well, I didn't have ANYONE to go with. And I really wanted that support because I'll see something and just grab it. Well...I'm gonna have a budget and now within 20 minutes  FOUR people are coming with me now! hahahhaa! All of whom know and love and support me and my weightloss/disorder.

HA! God is SO fun =)

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and He does, so WE can.
--Maggie Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment