Thursday, August 23, 2012

Food for thought

I'm thinking about revamping my blog a bit... New title, more order, and a little more postings. Sound good?

Haha anyway, I just started school again and it's been interesting. I've been trying to make kind of a schedule for myself and trying to work my schedule around God rather than working God into my schedule. And I thank Joyce Meyer for that little tip.

Since I've started giving up things to God -- you know, the day I accepted Him as my Savior -- more and more things come up that I used to keep shoved down, like WAY down. Recently, as you may know, it's been an eating disorder. I've been trying, and many times succeeding, in letting Him take the reins.

It's only been like a week since I went "public" with this issue, but so far, I don't regret it. At all. I've had so much love and support from my friends, close and not-as-close. I've even had some girls that I'm not close with at all confide in me and ask to help each other out! It's been incredible. But here's the thing: last time I started trying to lose weight, this same thing happened and within a month or two I backslid big time. I'm terrified of that happening again, but somehow, I know it won't.

The difference with this time versus last time is this isn't about me anymore. It's about glorifying God with my health and body. The benefits go way beyond anything I can imagine. I mean, I know the earthly side effects of losing weight: less arthritis pain in my knees, less back pain, more energy, and the list goes on. But I'm beginning to wonder, what about the Heavenly rewards? I mean, I'll never really know until my judgement day, but isn't it kind of exciting to think about? Then I think about how many people do I run into on the street, tell them something that was COMPLETELY because of God, but not mention His name in the story and just scoot around it?

I don't want to do that. My prayer request with this slightly random post is that I would actually use His Name. That I would be BOLD and not fear the judgement or questions that come along with God.

Last summer I was told I was very bold when it came to people and my outgoingness was part of that. Since then I've realized that while I may be bold and take charge often, I feel as small as a mouse when talking about God. I'm always afraid of people judging me or of people thinking I'm judging them. None of that should matter, though. It's all for God right?

Pray with me as I attempt to be bold and open about my struggles, not just with food but the struggles of life that envelope me daily.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and He does, so we can.
--Maggie Mae

PS-
Since my last post, I have sought accountability as I said I would. I've told a dear friend my weight and we've decided to weigh every other week on a Monday. My next weigh-in is this upcoming Monday, Aug 27.

PPS-
I couldn't wait til Monday and wanted to make sure I was on the right track. Since last Thursday I've lost two pounds. God is FAITHFUL. Crazy right? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment