Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Alaska with Mercy

I was in Alaska and knew that Nancy was in florida. I wouldn't be able to say hello.

I was with my parents and brother and we were on a trip mostly like any other. We drove from fairbanks to anchorage.

Once we were in Anchorage wet had to cross under a bridge because if we rode the bus over, we would have to pay more, which was silly.

We got free t-shirts which made my mom happy and warmer. There was some ice and snow around but mostly green. It must have been spring.

We saw a crowd and someone pointing so we went towards it. My brother said "anyone see a BEAR?!" I said no at first and he said "well your bear spotting skills are not very good right now..." and then I saw a large black or brown bear on the side of the hill. There were 2 and one started racing a wolf down to the water. Everyone watched. When they got to the water, the bear aimed for a fish and got it but the wolf didn't let him keep it.

They started fighting and the bear "screamed"... I thought I'd forgotten my camera at the hotel room but I felt it in my pocket and grabbed some awesome shots of the bear and wolf fighting.

Eventually the bear and wolf ran off.

When we went to get back in the car my mom told me she would be bringing Mercy (my little girl) by later so that she could have a break.

I was so excited bc I hadn't seen her since I had her, but I was going to have to figure out working and bringing her to her post-birth doctor's appointment.

When we were back at the room, my mom brought Mercy. She didn't give her to me right away and instead kept talking. I got irritated and asked her to give me my baby. I wanted to hold her.

She gave her to me and I went to go out of the room maybe to the bathroom. There were towels hanging on the door and what looked like giants roaches with bumpy backs were stuck to it. I freaked out and when my mom tried to shake them off, they turned into the Pokémon called sandshrew. It rolled into a ball and started coming at us. I had to run with Mercy and kick the Pokémon. It disappeared and we ran outside.

My mom and I were yelling trying to figure out how to get mercy to her appt without me having to take off work.

Then it dawned on me that I worked 2 full time jobs and I had no idea how to get out of them to take care of mercy. I knew one boss would be understanding but I had to figure out if I could quit. It didn't seem like I was making and extra working there somehow.

Then I remembered a 3rd full time job I was working. I knew something had to give.

At my car I decided I wasn't going to work so I could bring mercy to the doctor and my mom was saying I needed to just get in the car. But I kept thinking I don't have a car seat. When I got to my car I had a car seat.

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment