Saturday, April 30, 2016

Captive

He was a large man. Not fat just tall and broad. He was stronger than 5 men put together and his shoulders were the width of a twin bed. His muscles bulged and rippled down his arms. He had a fierce expression of a warrior willing to do anything and everything to win his fight.

His fight was me.

He took me from a party. It was evening and the sun had just set. I was near the fence watching horses jump, play, and graze.

Immediately I was drawn to him. His size intrigued me and his crystal blue eyes captivated me. I thought he was the one I'd love forever. 
 
When he took me, he did not want to let me leave. He told me everyone was done for. He would kill them all if necessary.

Friends tried to save me. One he skinned alive and showed me their insides. Others came that I knew he'd crush. I'd beg him to leave them alone. I yelled that they run for their lives. He wanted me and only me. I feared I'd never see my parents again or if I did he would destroy them.

A group of 3 friends, 2 guys and 1 girl, came for me. They were the most successful pulling me away from him to at least run the maze that was the basement - like area he lived in.  They'd hide me and he wouldn't kill them because he needed to find me.

He always found me. Honestly I'm not the greatest hider. I'd hear him coming and start to weep. He'd grab me and punish me by beating me.

Once my friends got me all the way to the 5 level of the playhouse. Red carpeted stairs and I was nearly naked. I had taken off anything with severe amounts of blood from those he had already killed.

They had tricked him and tied him up somehow. I knew it wouldn't bet long before he got out. His voice carried through the entire playhouse. Yelling for me. Wanting me.

My heart would beat into my ears drowning out his booming voice.

I knew he was close and panicked. My friend saw it and I took off my shirt and dove behind a plant in the hallway. I blended into the paint on the wall well enough and my black shorts matched the shadows I sat in.

He came up and asked my friend where I was. Where he was hiding me.

He demanded me. My friend stood confident. But then he saw my knee and it looked out of place.

He bent down and saw me. Taunted me a bit, then he drew me out.

Somehow I'd put my sweater back on and he pulled out a tazer. I knew on my bare skin I'd burn. He hit my jacket and I pretended to feel the horrible electricity course through me.

Her did it three times before he told me to get up.

The next thing happened so fast I don't know what order it took place.

We were back in his lair and a friend had hidden in the refrigerator. They ambushed him and blindfolded him while tying his hands and feet with shackles.

Suddenly I was with my parents. Bloodied and bruised.

I heard his roars and then nothing. Suddenly he stood in front of me bounded by chains with the word "arrested" written with,what looked like ash on his forehead.

I touch his chest tenderly. Something inside me didn't want them to hurt him.  I still cared for his well being. His eyes were still full of rage but he was still the most beautiful man I had ever seen. And I was saddened my adventure with him would end.

Back home in my bed it was Halloween. Where I lived in some Icelandic village on the side of a mountain everyone wore masks. There was one mask, black and white, that I kept noticing. No eyes. A slim figure beneath it.

People kept telling me I was safe. I kept reassuring them I knew that but felt like I was being watched. Finally I gave up and retired to my room. I kept telling myself to breathe through the anxiety. He wasn't coming back. I'd seen him be taken by the police on a horse the size of a bus.

I cried. I didnt know what else I could do.

Around 3 am, I heard something in the kitchen. I got up and our front door was open. I panicked and quickly shut it. I saw blood on the ground, dark and fresh.

I fearfully followed it wondering if my stalker was here for me.

It was my brother. He sat on the ground too drunk to know where the moon was.

He was bleeding badly and I saw the broken wine bottle next to him. He must have dropped it and still tried to pour from it.

His leg was badly cut and I was afraid he had cut an artery. The masked person showed for a moment and told me he needed to go to the hospital and not to wait.

Even though I was terrified I was right and someone had been watching me, I grabbed pants and my brother and started on my way to the hospital.

I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment