Friday, March 4, 2011

Confidence/Mardi Gras

It's amazing what this journey has done for my confidence and self-esteem!

I may have(as far as I know) have only lost 5lbs, but I have gotten so much more confidence and self-esteem. For instance, today I saw one of m friends that I haven't seen in quite a few many months. she was doing my hair and we were talking about how she should style it when she was done. I mentioned working out and she was like, "Oh yeah! I meant to tell you you look good! Have you lost weight?" Those are like music to my ears! Better yet, I love being able to answer with a "Yes." It's probably the most satisfying thing ever.

This week has been pretty great eating wise. Everything has been planned out because of my new routine. I don't have to worry about cooking things or measuring things out and accounting for every calorie.

Exercising has been a little more difficult this week. See, Louisiana weather bites. The winters are like freezing one day and in the 70's the next day. Not good for people with arthritis. When it goes from hot to cold in a few hours, some how it makes the pain terrible. I'm sure it has to do with the pressure in the air because I can also tell when a storm is coming from the pressure changes.....It's like my joints are psychic... (mean girls reference). So I only did cardio stuff this week because of my knees just being jerks.

---the above was written last friday, i havent been able to finish it til today so...things have been different--

So this weekend I went home for Mardi Gras. Needless to say, it was fun, but unhealthy too. I didn't even bother trying much. It really was just...not good. It wasn't horrible, but it was bad. I won't even try to go about what I ate. So, today is my last day at home which means I will definitely be doing MUCH better from here on out.

On a good note, I found out that my brother's food thing for me is working. I weighed myself this past Saturday out of curiosity and I had lost 3lbs! It was really encouraging, but I don't know how much I gained back over this weekend....(I know it's wednesday, but I don't have school til tomorrow, so it's just like the weekend for me.) So, I'll be doing some extra cardio this week before the weekend and I won't be weighing in this weekend since I did it last week.

Well, pray that I can get back on track when I get back home!

I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me, and He does, so I can.
--Maggie Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment