Saturday, March 26, 2011

No More Mr. Nice Guy

Hello friends!

I know it's been quite some time since my last posting. School has been incredibly hectic so remembering to post has been, difficult, to say the least.

To begin with, the diet my brother recommended to me works! It really works. Thing is, he told me about it, I lost 3lbs, and then went home for Mardi Gras. Home is never a good place for me to be when I'm trying to lose weight. My mom, bless her heart, would much rather serve pleasing food then healthy food. She says everything she serves is low fat and low calorie, and I'm sure much of it is, but when it's vacation time, we go out to eat a lot and I don't get to exercise like normal. So I gained 2lbs when I was home and only haven't lost any since.

I know that it's my eating that I need to do better at because exercising isn't a problem at all. I love exercising. I've even been doing stuff outside of the gym like kayaking and lots of yard work. Some people might argue that yard work isn't exercise, but it is. The bending, the pulling, the lifting, the moving, the this the that, yeah it gets intense. Not to mention I'm sore the next day from it. I even pulled a muscle in my side! Good thing because I didn't even know I had a muscle there....

I've been doing really well(mostly) eating. I've been counting the calories and what not, but I did go out to eat a few times this week. Once I went to Wendy's even...it wasn't good. So, hopefully this next week will be ten times better! More working out, riding my bike around campus instead of taking the bus, bringing my lunch, forcing myself home for dinner, and not going to fast food restaurants.

So, please pray I can do this. I know I can and I want to. I even have a friend that asked for my help with her own weight! I was so honored! So, I'm aiming for 10lbs before spring break which is April 18. I know I can do it, but I'm going to need help from all my friends.

In the nicest way possible, I ask you not to ask me to eat out with you. Picnics are one thing, but I have to prepare my own food. Also, please don't hesitate to discourage me from eating unhealthy stuff. If you see me at the coffee shop eying something sweet and wondering aloud if I should eat it, say no! Don't encourage me to get dessert at places. I don't deserve it and I shouldn't be able to "treat" myself. I've treated myself for too long.

Thanks y'all! You've really been great!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and He does, so I can.
--Maggie Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment