Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"..it's like God's favor threw up on me."

Crazy doesn't quite begin to capture the description of today.

Firstly, I officially resigned from LSU today. Crazy, right?

Prepare to have your mind blown....

I started my day today knowing by the end of it I would either be officially withdrawn from LSU or at least the process would have been started and would be completed soon. I got up and decided to take advantage of the weather and walk to the bus stop to get to campus. When I got to campus, I went where I thought I was supposed to go, only to be directed to a different building, but before I made the walk to the education building (for that was my major) I went to my professor's office. See, I had emailed three of my six professors. These three professors new my name and face. I wasn't just another student to them. Each of them emailed me back and one of them asked to meet with me just to talk. So, I walked over to his office and waited for him to be done meeting with another person.

He finally arrived in the doorway and we went into his office where he offered some of the kindest words I have ever received from someone a step above a stranger. He told me he thought I was a genuinely good person with a good heart. He offered me wisdom only a professor and scholar could. He didn't really even say that much....but I haven't felt that secure in a person's presence that I didn't even really know. I don't really even know how to explain it other than he has inspired me to be a better person. He is one of those teachers you don't forget, and some how you know he won't forget you. So, we talked and he encouraged and told me I would always be welcomed in his office and I would be welcomed back(if I go back to school) with open arms.

After his encouraging words, I went by my good friend who runs a ministry on "free speech alley" at LSU. I walked up to him and the first thing he said was, "Have you had lunch? Wanna grab a bite?" We went up to a restaurant-esque style dining area and we talked for probably two hours. Just about life and my decision and everything in between. He prayed for me and told me I'm okay.... It was definitely reassuring that someone as wise as he is could look me straight in the eye and tell me I'm okay. Not I'm going to be okay, but that I am. He also brought to my attention how very vulnerable I am right now.

I've never been so vulnerable...well, I take that back. God did force me to be pretty vulnerable when I had knee surgery. But this is different, He was teaching me to rely on my parents and others then. This time, He's asking me to rely strictly on Him. I can really relate to Peter right now...when Jesus said for him to walk to Jesus on the water....I mean wow! It seems like He's asking the same of me right now.. "Maggie Mae, come out of the flagship and walk to me on the open seas (or perhaps the mighty Mississippi)!"

He's asking me to give Him all control. I've never been faced with something so difficult. I didn't realize how crazy of a control freak I am.

Anyway, totally got off track. After lunch, I went to the office of education and got the first of four signatures on my resignation form. I was told at the first office that I was going to receive a form that all my teachers would have to sign. When I got to the next building for the next signature, I found out I didn't need that form. I got a stamped signature and I was on to the next two.

It was only about an hour from when I walked into the first office to when I walked out the last with the form completed and turned in. Nothing went wrong. It was like Jesus walked me to every office, asked every question, and answered every question, too. It was over and He was reminding me that I was not given a spirit of timidity. That I am strong and courageous in Him. As I was getting some of my confidence handed to me, I ran into a friend who I don't see often, but boy did God intertwine our paths today!

I was going the same way as her class so we were walking and talking when I told her I had just resigned. She then told me that the law firm she works for is hiring for a full-time position. I was kind of stunned so I told her just to give her boss my number, but then as I boarded the bus, I realized I needed to be proactive if I wanted a chance at this job! So I texted her and got the number and will certainly be calling tomorrow.

Finally home for the day, I get another call for a babysitting job on Friday night and Saturday morning. God literally lined my path today...this week. I also have an interview with a couple for a nanny job tomorrow afternoon.

So....here I go...I feel like that's what I'm doing daily. I'm not just waiting anymore. My life seems to be changing and charging at something fullspeed ahead. I'm barely able to catch my breath as the train speeds into an oblivion.

Today....from my obedience, it's like God's favor threw up on me. If all these blessings came from this one act of obedience...I can't even imagine.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and He does, so I can.
--Maggie Mae

1 comment:

  1. Cake. If you'd like chocolate cake, it's finally ready. If tomorrow works give me a Call.

    ;+)

    ReplyDelete