Friday, October 14, 2011

Ruth fully Trusted in God and Didn't Look back, I'm following in her footsteps.

So I've officially been a college "drop out" for three days. I have had a a pretty constant head ache for about, you guessed it, 3 days.

While I may be stressed, I'm already happier. I know I don't have to worry about school and papers or tests. I fill my days instead with job hunting. I'm currently on 3 different sites hoping God will get me noticed and someone will email me.

The interviews I had this week went pretty well. I mean, the nanny job was an awesome interview and the law firm job...well it might be my "plan b" job. The family I interviewed with was great. Very friendly and had a beautiful little girl! She took about ten minutes to warm up to me, but after that, if I looked away she made she she got my attention again quickly. Hopefully things will work in my favor and I'll get to spend a bunch of time with her in the future! The law firm interview was a little different. It's not exactly the kind of environment I aspire to work in. This is my time to find out what I want to do and I don't think that I want to make copies for 40 hours a week. The people were nice and some of my friends even work there, but I don't think that's where I want to end up. I'd like to think that God was sending me signs about it since when I was trying to get my resume together my computer didn't want to cooperate and it took me an hour to find the place, but then again that could just be my flesh.

I also got another email back from a lady that I sent an application to. She wants to set up an interview and if all goes well I'd start working for her in January! Of course that's being a little presumptuous and getting a little overly excited, but, hey, she emailed me back. I've seriously applied for at least 10 or 12 different nanny positions this past week and I've gotten two replies.

Tomorrow I'm going to babysit at a church that my friend of mine gave my number to and next week I'll be helping out my chiropractor of all people with his child!

My mom is being a little crazy about me finding a job. For some reason she seems to be under the impression I'm not doing enough to get a job and that my not being interested in the law firm job is the worst thing in the world, but I really want to enjoy what I'm going to do. It's only been three days, too. Next week I plan to see if I can get on the list for substituting and if I can find out anymore information on civil service tests and jobs.

So I'm a little stressed and still overwhelmed, but I don't feel like I'm sinking, which has to be God. Two weeks ago I felt like I was drowning in school. Now, I'm not in school and unemployed, but I still feel secure in Him and our decision. He definitely helped me remember that this is the right choice when I opened up a book I'm slowly devouring called Lady in Waiting. Today I read about Ruth and how she fully trusted in God and didn't look back. She gave up everything she was comfortable with and trusted in God. I feel like that's me right now. I'm giving up my old life to start a new one, a new path. I've never been more terrified but I've also never felt closer to God. I have a peace that surpasses my understanding and I'm sure surpasses the understanding of my family and peers. I don't know what's going to happen yet, but I do know I have today and I'm going to do what God has told me to for today because as we read in Matthew 6, tomorrow will worry about tomorrow.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and He does, so I can.
--Maggie Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment