Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Graduation Chaos and A Romantic Comedy

I was at my graduation. It was strange because it was very unorganized. We hadn't practiced at all and my some friends from high school were also there.

The staff started rolling some pictures of our class from the past few years. When the picture of me came up, they said,"And everyone can stop trying to take Maggie out on a date or confessing their feelings for her."

My mom was sitting next to me and asked if that was true and that a lot of guys asked me out. I just kind of ignored her questioned because I was embarrassed.

Then a guy I knew named Albert leaned over and said he wasn't done and would need to talk to me later.

When we were done, though none of us actually walked across the stage, we went to do a slip-n-slide. It was long and throughout the entire field. We could slip-n-slide over and through ditches and the such.

Then a guy I knew liked me, came up to me and put his arm around me. I wasn't attracted to him and he just told me that he knew I didn't like him so he would back off. Immediately after he said that another friend came up to tell me his feelings for me. It was an awkward thing so I just went into the tent where the reception was taking place and got lunch as he was talking to me.

My dream transferred to where I was a teacher in some random school.

There was another teacher that I was attracted to, but he was kind of known as a jerk so I kept my distance.

I was in my room setting something up and was about to take a shower. (Yes, I was going to take a shower at the school.) I had my towel on when the other guy teacher came into the room. I asked him what I could help him with and he just ignored the question and acted all cocky walking through my room looking for whatever he needed.

Then there was this perfect pink flower from a Japanese Camellia tree that I had on my desk. I had picked it and it had some special meaning to me. He proceeded to pick it up and look at it. I asked for him to put it down, but he refused asking what it was a big deal.

I got up from my desk to try and get it from him. That's when I noticed he didn't have a shirt on and may have been heading to the showers as well. I continued toward him until we were by the window and he leaned out the window a bit with the flower acting like he was going to drop it. I leaned over him to try and grab the flower. My towel opened in the back, but I wasn't worried because no one was at the school that I knew of. He laughed, and I told him not to look. Then I lunged for the flower, and he dropped it. I was so upset! It fell to the parking lot below and looked like it might start to wither soon. I was so beyond upset.

Then it hit me, my towel had fallen off and I was laying on top of this man with his shirt off and just a towel between us. I didn't know what to do. So as we discussed how to try and conserve my modesty, because I didn't trust him not to look,  my mom's friends from the school walk in and see us. They "Ahem" at us and I jump up. I had been full mooning them in my attempt to grab my flower before it fell to the concrete below.

There was no good explanation, and my mom's friends just laughed at me and he smirked.

I walked out of the room with my towel wrapped around me towards the showers in whatever dignity I had left.

Later, after I was out of the shower in a robe of some sort, I sat on a couch with friends and family. The guy from the flower incident, walks in and sits next to me on the couch and shares the blanket I am using.

He puts his hand on my leg, not seductively, but just as if we were dating or something. I didn't say anything, but then I heard him talking to some of my friends/family and he said that he wanted to really date me. That he would do it right and would forget about the incident from earlier and he would respect me.

Later that day, I had taken my students on a little field trip around the school, I saw the flower in the parking lot and realized I had totally forgotten it. I made the decision to just leave it there and see if one of the kids would pick it up to keep it. One girl saw it and said how pretty it was, but mostly they all just left it there.

After school was done, we were back in that room where my friends and family were for a while. He was there again and the same thing happened. He again reassured me and everyone else that he wanted to date. me. It was nice and I felt safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment