Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I'm only 20.... (Chiropractor visit.)

Oh how stressful today was.

So, as many of you know, I have had back pain for some time now. I never understood why my back was so dang sensitive and why sometimes I could reach for something and be in pain for 3 days.

After the years of annoying aches and pains and trying to get any temporary relief I could from pain relievers, stretching, and cracking, I went to the chiropractor. He ran tests and took x-rays. The results were, kind of overwhelming to say the least.

In short...I have scoliosis (curvature of the spine, fortunately I don't need a brace or surgery), the first stage of osteoarthritis in my neck (which can be slowed down and helped), plenty of compressed nerves (most of my pain), and some bone spurs starting to develop along my neck where the osteoarthritis is beginning.

You can only imagine my joy upon hearing all of this. It was one thing to think I had scoliosis from a general exam when I was in middle school, it's another thing to hear it and be shown from the x-rays that that was true along with a multitude of other things. However, I am relieved because there was an actual reason for my pain. It wasn't just a "I'm sorry I don't know what's wrong with you" doctor visit, there's actual reasons and reasons mean you have problems and identifying those problems leads to discovering the solutions....right?

So basically I have started treatment, but I don't have all of the technical terms for the treatments so I'll update y'all when I know the actual terms over my terms which include "electrical shock treatment thing." Now that just doesn't sound ethical, does it?

Anyway, so far this news hasn't effected my movement or eating habits. It's just taken a tole on my mental well-being. I'm just...so overwhelmed right now. Hopefully the stress doesn't slow my metabolism or anything. Fortunately I have my family's support. Also I have my friends, whom I couldn't really tell today because I couldn't keep from crying.

Ugh...this is just sucky. Sorry this blog post is more of a venting thing where I can be hopeful one second and bitter the next.

Anyway, I won't bore you any longer, but please be praying for me. I'm only 20 years old. I'm not supposed to have these problems. These are "old people" problems. I'm just 20....that's the part that gets to me the most. I'm only 20...

I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me, and He does, so I can.
--Maggie Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment