Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Detoxification!

Hello friends and family!
So, it seems as though I have hit a rather long plateau in my weightloss journey. I have lost a total of 11lbs since January and I am absolutely thrilled about that! But...now it's time to get back into it. So, I'm doing a detox.

I read about this 21day Clean Program Detox (cleanprogram.com) in a magazine my mother had. It seemed like a good way to kick this plateaus butt...so I started that today.

How it works...you eat 3 meals a day: Breakfast and Dinner are liquids meals, like soup or shakes or smoothies etc. Lunch is a solid meal, which, for me, will likely be lean cuisines...however I don't know that that's the best idea because it's processed, but I don't know what else to eat...spinach salad I guess? Anyway, it also says to snack on raw fruits, vegetables, and nuts. So, today I snacked on a few blueberries and cashews (recommended).

At the end of the day I'm thinking, "This is a breeze! I can certainly do 21 days of this!" Then I re-read the article. It came with the website I put earlier and suggested looking at it to check out the "include/exclude" list for the "elimination phase (first week)" of the detox. OH MY GOODNESS! So many of the things I absolutely LOVE eating everyday were on the exclude list. Things like milk and chocolate. Even strawberries and honey were on the list! So, it's actually much harder then I thought it was going to be. But I know I can do it, it's only 21 days (20 after today).

So, my detox is going to be a little more difficult then I knew, but fortunately the elimination phase is only one week, or I can make it longer, but I guess that will be decided next week.

But I want you to know that I'm not only doing a physical detox, I am also doing a spiritual detox. I will not get on facebook for 21 days and will try to practice spiritual disciplines more, like reading my Bible and actually trying in my devotional times to be devotional.

So, 21 days. 1lb a day (says this is what you'll lose, which we will wait to see). 21lbs. Let's see if I can do this! And I can because...

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and He does, so I can.
--Maggie Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment