Friday, May 9, 2014

Cello, prison pageant, boys

I was part of this group that was staying in a hotel by the beach. It was all girls and the leader didn't like me.

We were told we had to clean this room in the hotel near our rooms, but in order to do so we would have to remove the furniture from the room and then put it back in better arrangements. There were two types of chairs. One set were plush chairs you might find in a church. The other chairs were fold up but "nice" black and red fold ups.

I got there before everyone feeling like I might get in trouble for leaving the group. So I started moving the chairs systematically. When the rest of the group got there everyone said to move the chairs from the room in obnoxious ways that wouldn't work well at all. The leader decided to try what everyone was saying at once and that didn't work very well. Everyone stopped listening to me so I went to the other small room we needed to clean. This was the children's area so me and a few kids started cleaning that.

We didn't clean it so much as reorganized the room to make it look neat. In my head I wasnt sure if we were supposed to clean or just tidy, at least that's what I told myself. We finished tidying and they finished the other room and the convenience store that was on the floor we were at too, where I saw them sweeping and assumed we should have cleaned but said nothing.

Then it was time to get ready for this big show thing. I dont know why we were asked to go, but I was also asked to bring my cello.

The show was of prisoners that would be in for life. Almost done in fashion show form where the announcer would group them together by "and this group is 1-5 years down. Here's (name) who is just finishing his first year."

After we got ready--which we were required to wear heels-- I started down towards the arena. On my way the desk clerk stopped me and said packages had come for me. I had ordered 23 Herbalife drinks for me and the other girls I was with to try. They were like sodas but healthy for you. I told the clerk I couldn't bring them up to our fourth floor room right now but I would be down.to get them later.

I the arena we walked around and ppl looked at me and my cello. It was taller than me even with heels on and playing it proved difficult in heels and without my bow. I plucked something and it sounded off and a gentleman in the audience said "oh I heard that! It was offkey!" I was worried someone would realize I had no clue how to play. I hoped if necessary the Lord would intervene and help me play somehow. Throughout the night I would pluck what sounded like chords and people liked it.

Afterwards I began to walk out the arena around the stadium and a woman followed me. When I sat in an available booth she sat too and began to talk to me. She had the same feelings about us being in the arena...that it was strange and the whole pageantry of the inmates was odd. She was some famous woman actress that was invited for press purposes.

Then the booth behind us started talking about my cello. I told them I really didn't know what I was doing especially without a bow. Thats when I realized the strings were coming undone. Like I had plucked too much and they were no longer taunt. I decided I needed new string when I got home and would invest in lessons as well.

As I went back to the room I grabbed my boxes of drinks and went to get in the elevator. As the doors began to close a man got in with me. He caressed my waist as he brushed past me. I thought it'd be nice to have someone on this old elevator with me if it broke.

But he saw I only need to go go the 4th floor and he said "sorry sweetie. Only 56 flights! I'll climb." Off he went.

I knew I only had two floors to go up but the boxes were very heavy. The elevator wasnt moving. I realized there was a hatch that I could squeeze my boxes thought and have on the 4th floor while I took the stairs. So I pushed my boxes up to the 4th floor and brought them to the room after.

There was a boy I met in the hall that for some reason I wanted to give me attention. I wasnt attracted to him but wanted to seduce him. The idea of being with him repulsed me but I couldn't shake the desire to make him want me.

Then we were down in front if the hotel looking at the water. It was (from left to right) the boys dad, my dad, me, and the boy. We laid down bear the wall of the hotel and watched a storm begin to roll in. I saw a peacock strolling by and nudged the boy and to see it. He didn't care. I wanted to scare the bird to make its feathers extend but I was too worried about what the boy would think.

The storm progressed and became loud. The thunder was crashing and rolling as people ran from the water and off the beach. I asked if it meant we should probably go in too which the dads decided we definitely should.

The last thing before I woke up was I was driving across a bridge in the storm to the heart of whatever city we were in.

No comments:

Post a Comment