Thursday, May 8, 2014

Egyptian Wedding

I was kidnapped.

Some man that I think was Egyptian mafia took me and my friend whos name was Travis. I dont know if I met Travis because of the kinapping or if we were kidnapped together as friends. As we drove down the road i knew it to be true that this man was my grandfather. We were going to our wedding ceremony miles and miles away.  He was one of those men that took his son's daughters and sisters as wives. He was taking me to the island where he kept his other wives. He showed me videos and pictures and it was a beautiful resort. But I did not want to go. I didn't want to marry him. I wanted to escape.

In the limo-like car we rode in were two other body guards. One was my cousin (real-life cousin). Travis and I tried to communicate a plan of escape, but though I had my phone I couldn't use it in front of these men. My phone was also beginning to die so I knew I'd have to act fast. We finally pulled into someone's driveway because rest stops were too dangerous. We might be seen or I could ask for help.

We all got out and went inside for refreshments. My cousin was told to watch me. I was so saddened that he would leave me in this situation.

I saw my opportunity when he took his sneakers off and I bolted. I ran for the door and even as I did I heard my cousin say "you can't get away. You know we'll find you and bring you back!"

I ran out the door and knew if I just ran straight he'd catch me. If I his behind a building, he'd predict my move and find me. The first apartments I ran by had a door open and a woman inside. I asked if I could use her phone because I was in trouble. She ushered me in and we closed the door. Not 2minutes later my cousin ran past calling for me. He took the alleyway that came right after the apartment I hid in. I was so glad he did what I thought he would.

I was scared he would bust down the doors but time went by and no one found me. I heard their angry voices looking for me because I was still less than a block from my captors. Travis was with them and I realized he wasn't my friend. He was helping them. Acting like he escaped too hoping to lure me out.

Months past and I became part of the family I hid with. We decided to take a road trip in a big rv. As we were on the road I saw another large rv. It was cruise ship style with pools on the top. It looked so familiar.

Then I saw travis. I knew I was about to be found because the RVs were transparent. I couldn't hide, only wait for the other rv to pass and hope they didn't see me. I stared straight ahead as we approached an exit for a truck stop. Suddenly, the man that was my grandfather and betrothed was looking at me. He saw me and laughed. He told me I'd never escape him.

I didn't believe him. I was in another car he'd have to follow us so far. Then they cut in front of us and went to the same truck stop. I cried knowing I had lost.

When we got to the wedding site, things shifted. I no longer was going to marry him but another girl who was his daughter by his son's wife. He said the sons that left him where pharohs and would not share their wives. I knew those sons just saw how wrong this man was and how sick this practice is.

Three friends and I watched and chanted that she should not wed him. We said "free (whatever her name was)" over and over. He became irritated but continued anyway. She began to cry as she realized her true fate at the alter.

News crews were there and people both that supported him and hated him.

Then I woke up

No comments:

Post a Comment