Monday, August 25, 2014

Another car

I don't remember where u was going but I was on my way somewhere.

I missed my turn the first time so I made the necessary turns to get back in the correct lane to turn. There was a slight median on my left and people coming straight on the other side of it. The light was about to change and I was getting ready to turn. As I made my left turn a truck that was trying to stop and failed bumped into my right front door. I was so annoyed. I just couldn't believe it.

He said he was trying to stop and just slid. Then we were hit again. And again. When I thought it was over, someone came plowing through in the back and we all slid forward. I thought for sure we'd stop in a moment but suddenly we were under the overpass and not stopping. I pulled my e brake and spun slightly but we all stopped.

I don't know how but my car seemed to have been ambushed again and I was sent sliding into the sand pit under the highway. We all got out our cars. The lady behind me was elderly to I tried to find her a bottle of water in my car.

I noticed I had forgotten the frozen meals my mom had bought me in my car and that were no longer any good. My mom showed up then with the little girl I was supposed to be babysitting that day.

My dad came too and I tried to believe another car of mine was not totaled.  The rear axel was broken, the hood was cracked, and I didn't know what the extent of the engine damage.

My mom told me I was a reckless driver and that's why this kept happening to me. I told her to fuck off because there was no way this was my fault and she could shut up about the frozen food because there's nothing to do about it now.

When I got home that evening my knee was hurting so badly I couldn't walk much. My dad wanted to take me to the hospital but I told myself it was just a pinched nerve and wouldn't be bad for long.

I cried finally. Hysterically. At the pain in my leg, at the loss of another car, at the situation wholly. I cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment