Monday, August 25, 2014

Bear attacks and creepy cabins

I was in Alaska preparing to come home.

I was at nancy's who had already gotten her way to fairbanks. I was left to drive myself through the mountain pass that would.lead me there.

I left later than I intended and took a break around sunset to look at something in the woods. When I hiked up I saw a bear near another hiker and let him know.

Then as I reached where I was going, I saw an iPad sitting in the grass and a cabin not 50 feet from me.

Then I saw the bear charging me. It was just trotting at first but when I started to back away it proceeded to charge at me.

I held up the iPad in some sort of defense and the bear started trying to rip it from me. The man who lived in the cabin and owned the iPad saw me and told me to give it to the bear. It was replaceable but I wasnt. So I threw the iPad away from me and ran into the house.

I barely made it. Once the bear realized the iPad wasn't me it came after me full speed. I barely shut the door and he was there.

It was darkening now and I was looking forward to the twists and turns of the mountains and the possible moose and deer on the road.

The man knew nancy and said I should stay overnight in the cabin.

The cabin had no window coverings which made for a creepy feel. I appreciated the man for helping me and he didn't seem off. Just the cabin.

I decided to stay and drive tomorrow. Nancy wasn't flying into fairbanks any time soon so her car didn't sleep to be there today.

No comments:

Post a Comment