Thursday, August 28, 2014

Drowned car

I wanted to be alone, so when a friend asked if I wanted to play volleyball I declined. I decided there were errands I needed to do anyway.

I can't remember what the errands were but I know they were important. I remember thinking no one could know about them.

Anyway, after I was done I went by the vball place to see if they were still playing. As I drove up my friend alex was walking away covered in sand. I stopped and talked to her for a bit. Turns out she was leaving because her husband was having a fit about something he didn't think she'd done right.

I saw like 20 people on the court and only a couple I knew so I decided not to get out and say hi. Instead I told alex to get in and I'd drive her to her car. She hopped in my huge f250 double cab truck.

I pointed out the irony that I was now driving the car she used to drive and she was driving a small car like I had driven, but she was focused on what her husband was texting her. It sounded like just a miscommunication to me.

As I drove to her car I, as I always have in dreams, was having problems with the pedals. It's like I didn't know which pedal did what. I was nervous because their were cops everywhere and I didn't want a ticket.

Finally I figured it out. Then there was a river we had to jump in order to get to her car's parking lot.

I wasn't going fast enough so we barely missed the connection. She yelled as we begun to miss and I panicked. We hit the water and both climbed out. I realized trying to hold the truck up and keep it from sinking would be impossible so I let it sink.

I started crying immediately.  I looked at alex and just sobbed and said "another car! I can't believe I did this..AGAIN!"

A cop came up soon after and towed my truck out the small river. I tried to have hope that maybe it was totaled, until I opened the doors and water flowed out.

The thought of calling my mom to come get me instead was unimaginable so I opted to walk home somehow.

Then I woke up in a panic because I was cold. Somehow I had balled my comforter up into a ball and moved it to the top of my bed

No comments:

Post a Comment