Saturday, March 29, 2014

Camille Elizabeth

My dream opens with me being pregnant.

I knew I was due at any moment and was not looking forward to labor but was desperate to meet my little girl who I had decided would be named Camille Elizabeth.

I was walking towards an exit of a building when my water broke and she came out at the same time. We were still attached but I knew we were safe bc I was holding her in my arms. I felt her fragility and was afraid of dropping her constantly or people running into me while holding her.

I was trying to get to my car to get to the hospital, surprisingly calm. I was walking towards the exit and ppl were asking me about her and some friends saw and insisted on bring me to the hospital. We some how got her in a car seat, which she seemed to know how to move her little arms into position like she'd been doing it for years. I was constantly worried about something yanking the umbilical cord and her being hurt, but my friend Simone was worried about it just getting dirty. I didn't care because I wasnt planning on saving it.

One of the girls with us told us how her mom or someone she knew saved "a kink" of the cord for sentimental purposes. I thought that incredibly weird.

I didn't know if I could breast feed yet so I let her suck on my finger til we got to the hospital where I knew they'd teach me how to breast feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment