Sunday, February 27, 2011

Rome wasn't Built in a Day

First, my apologies. I have been neglecting my posting. There are reasons behind that, however. My computer broke. I have been without the easy ability to post for almost two weeks. I just recently got a new computer which I am now posting on. I didn't post from my phone because it's super annoying to post long posts when you have a two inch long keyboard.

Now, yesterday was the weigh-in. It didn't make me happy exactly for the numbers hadn't changed since the last weigh-in. This wasn't entirely surprising but I obviously am needing that kick in the butt that only my brother with his fierceness can provide. Yesterday we rode home together to visit are parents. On the way he asked about my weight and the change in it or lack there of. With telling him what I found out that morning, he has decided to tell me that he wants me to eat a particular diet. Not just trying to eat less sweets and calories, but as in he gave me an exact meal plan. Here's what he told me to eat everyday:
Breakfast- Oatmeal and 1c milk
Snack- granola bar of my choice
Lunch- lean turkey sandwich on wheat bread (and a slice of cheese if i choose)
Snack- fruit(apple or orange)
Dinner- Lean cuisine with a slice of wheat bread
Snack- 1tbsp of peanut butter
and 1c of milk after workouts instead of two.

He also changed my workout to 8 intervals on the elliptical instead of 5. I've already started these and wow is it a change! I am not slightly damp from the workout after but I am now completely drenched! It's a great feeling. As weird as it is, I feel like the more I sweat the better I worked out.

Also, this past week I couldn't do any upper body workouts seeing that I pulled a muscle in my shoulder/chest area. Wasn't too great. But I did start leg-pressing a lot more weight than before. I am now pressing 220lbs. It's crazy! Along with that, I can't remember if I said yet or not, but I started doing different upper body stuff. I don't know all the exact names but I pull down on one and pull up on another and push up(ish) on the other one. My arms are so weak! I'm really hoping that these workouts can help my arms get some muscle they desperately need.

As far as eating has been concerned the past few weeks, it's been rocky. The last time I weighed in, I had been eating really poorly which is why I gained weight. This time was better, but I hadn't been getting to the gym 3x's a week. This is all about to change. I AM going to go to the gym 3x's this week and I AM going to eat what my brother has told me(at least for a couple weeks to see what happens).

The way I see myself eating right now is more along the lines of I've already lost the weight. I can't look at it that way. I still haven't lost the weight. I still have to be diligent. I have to be consistent.

In short, this is the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Pulling my grades up and getting TOPS back was simple in comparison. Learning to drive, getting through high school, suffering breakups were all simple in comparison. This is literally the hardest thing I have ever been faced with in my life. I have to keep telling myself that I didn't become overweight over night and I'm not going to lose it all over night either. Just this thought makes me anxious. Living in an instant gratification world, the thought that this is going to take longer than I ever wanted it to, but it has to be done. One thing my brother said yesterday was, "Might as well get this over now early in your life rather than waiting."

So, let's do this thing. I'm going to continue to climb this Everest of mine. Now that I have computer, I can post more. The encouragement y'all gave me in the beginning when I was on track and posting a lot helped me so much. I really appreciated that.

Please please please pray with me that I can exercise my self control and that I can climb this mountain and conquer it.

I CAN do all things in Christ who strengthens me, and He does, so I CAN.
--Maggie Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment