Friday, January 21, 2011

A Chance to Breathe...sorta

So this week has been crazy busy, but that's when I tend to stick to my healthy living ways better(let's not call it dieting....dieting is temporary. healthy living is always). I haven't had time to ponder over just wanting food because I'm bored because I haven't been bored! It's been a really good week. And right now I have a small and short chance to breathe a little, even though I have no chance tomorrow through next week to breathe any more....ha.

I'm nervous about weighing-in tomorrow simply because I am. I know I've done well this week as far as keeping up with exercising, writing down every little thing I ingest, and not eating typically fattening foods. I just am anxious to see the results, I guess.

I had a dream the other night though that was kind of encouraging. I dreamed I had lost like 40lbs! I stepped on the scale like ten times to make sure in my dream. And as weird as it is, when I have dreams like that about my weight, they're normally true. Like one time I dreamed I gained 1lb. The next day I weighed, and I did. One time I dreamed I lost 2lbs. Same thing. I know I didn't lose 40lbs this week, but I had to have lost something!

On another note, my "trainer" got mad at me today. We went to Outback to eat and I ended up being honest and telling him I had "treated" myself to a low-fat how mocha from McDonald's. He got mad because of all the sugar and "empty" calories I had just put in my body that probably got processed right away and stored as fat. I guess I really shouldn't think of eating unhealthy things as "treating myself" because I'm really hurting myself in the long run. Hmm, that's definitely an interesting thought. Let's see if that works for this next week!

Well, keep posted for the weigh-in. Pray I lost weight and that my anxiety is for naught.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and He does, so I can.
--Maggie Mae

1 comment:

  1. A better way to treat yourself, and get out of the mindset that you're depriving yourself in the first place is to make your treats something non-edible. A pedicure, a short nap, a movie with friends, a new nail polish, notebook, buying a new shirt - that's actually a great reward as you lose weight because it's really encouraging to try things on and see your body change for the better.

    And you're not depriving yourself by eating less of the fattening foods; you're treating yourself by letting your body feel good and look good.

    Keep up the great work, Maggie. xoxo Francesca

    ReplyDelete