Thursday, January 13, 2011

Doing Well =)

Again, my apologies for not posting yesterday. It's just taking a while to actually get into the swing of being back and remembering to post.

Yesterday went rather well. I went to get groceries from Walmart and I feel like I got some good stuff. I planned my meals from yesterday til Sunday pretty much but I don't know that they'll stay that way seeing as my friend is cooking dinner(healthy) on Saturday for us and tomorrow I'll be on a retreat.

Great news though! Last night I had a little get together at my house and maybe a fire to do marshmellows and what not. Well, I only ate a few marshmellows, like not even a serving! I was so proud of myself for stopping myself. On top of that, my friend brought kit cat bars, aka Chocolate....I only ate one. =) I did eat way more Zaps chips then I should have, I will admit to that. I ate way to much there. But I was faced with so much temptation and I feel that while I didn't pass with flying colors, I did pass. Maybe like a C. HaHa.

More good news(not totally dealing with weight-loss but it could help with that). I got a job! Where? At a PJ's Coffee! I'm so stoked! I've always wanted to work there and my friend's aunt and uncle own it and they're hiring and she called me and asked if I wanted it! I know you might think,"Won't you be tempted by all the sweets and coffee things that they have?" Oddly enough, I don't eat the stuff while I work in a coffee shop. I volunteer in my college ministries coffee shop and I'm always fine when I'm there. I might have a Mocha or something but it's like one and with skim milk. I don't like to have too much caffeine so it's not hard to pass up. Also, I'd feel bad if I ate the stuff there. It's for the customers. Not me. So I'll be on my feet a little more. Out of the house away from my fridge, so maybe, just maybe, this job will help me lose weight!

My diet is going well too in spite of the party last night. I ate small meals yesterday and followed the "main food" with a granola bar. Like, I had a lean roast beef sandwich on wheat bun with light mayo and some cheese. Probably about 250-300 calories for that sandwich. But I wasn't totally satisfied. So instead of eating something unhealthy, or worse, I made my "dessert" a granola bar. I love love love granola bars so when I was shopping yesterday I bought 3 different kind. One has a little chocolate in it even! It's dark chocolate so it's better for you. This morning I made a ridiculously awesome yogurt parfait! Berries, lowfat yogurt, and granola. It was so much to eat! But it was super low calorie for the amount of food you get! Not to mention I got dairy, fruit, and grain in one sitting! I think I'm gonna even half the amount of yogurt. The serving is one cup, but it was hard to eat that. So I'm going to try a half of a cup next time.

This is great! I feel great right now! Well, I'm off to make the job thing official with an application and interview and whatever else! Then workout, which I'm actually looking forward to!

Pray I can keep up this streak!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and He does, so I can.
--Maggie Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment