Monday, January 31, 2011

Overview of this Week

After my scare of "no weightloss" on Saturday, I weighed myself again on Sunday just for kicks. It said I had lost 1.2 lbs. Much better than .2lbs. Just goes to show that weighing every 2 weeks is a better idea.

This weekend I can very happily say I did pretty well! I went to a party where I had a cookie and a brownie. That was it. No birthday cake, no soda, no nothing. With that, I even danced a lot! Which upped my cardio levels a lot. When workout time came around Sunday, I decided to just do the cardio because I was so tired and sore. It was good, but I'm still really tired.

Bad news, last night I was at the coffee shop I volunteer at and I caved. I ended up eating like 3 of these heavenly coconut, pecan, chocolate sugary goodness things. I just couldn't help myself! It was bad and I felt bad after it. I had denied the Chinese food my friends had offered me and then caved over the dessert. Ugh!

Aside from that, today I woke up and went to workout with one of my friends and it was great(which we will be doing every Tuesday at 8:30 if you wanna join)! I really got into my leg presses and put the weight on 180. A new thing I'm doing and becoming very conscious of is consuming more protein! My brother says that protein after a workout is really good for you because it'll help rebuild your muscles faster or something. So he told me to drink 2cups of milk after each workout. That's about 180 calories with 18 grams of protein plus the milk I had with breakfast and whatever other protein I got from breakfast. Protein's apparently really good for you. Back to the milk though, he said that when you drink it after you replenish some of your nutrients you lost right away and something about calcium making your metabolism better...? I don't remember exactly what he said but I know milk is good for you to have after working out. =)

On a side note, my sleep was off this weekend and it's carried over into this week. The school year is just getting into full swing and I'm just realizing how much work I really have! It's gonna be crazy and I'm really going to have to stay on top of things. I really need to be in bed by like 10-1030 at the latest. Getting enough sleep also will help with weightloss, so I've heard.

Well, pray I can stay on top of things and don't "fall into temptation" again.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and He does, so I can.
--Maggie Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment