Saturday, January 29, 2011

Two Weeks

So I am officially changing my weigh-ins to every OTHER week rather than every week.

See I talked to my brother/trainer today and he gave me a lot to think about. First and foremost, you're basically guaranteed to lose weight if you do everything right. Thing is, your body needs that chance to adjust things. So every week you might not lose a ton of weight even if the week before you did. Like, if you did something slightly different that week in your routine, your body takes a little while to metabolize the change and adjust and all that stuff. So for me, I went off my routine of eating about every two hours and didn't eat regularly a few days this week. I also started to drink more coffee and more water so it is possible my body is retaining fluids more than normal or the caffeine confused my metabolism or my metabolism slowed on those irregular days.

Another thing is if you weigh your self every two weeks, then the loss will likely be bigger and thus more encouraging and exciting for me. There is a huge psychological aspect to losing weight. Like yesterday, when I stepped into that size 18 dress and it zipped, my self-esteem sored through the roof! I couldn't wait to lose more weight. Yet, when I stepped on the scale today and saw the tiny loss, I was discouraged and wanted to just throw in the towel because I didn't think I would lose more or that my body had decided it would remain this way forever. So, next weigh-in is scheduled for two weeks from now. So February the 12 I will be giving you an update on weight and will still be posting about my struggles and my successes in between.

Okie doke!

Pray with me that I can remain motivated and can lose lots more weight in the next two weeks!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and He does, so I can.
--Maggie Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment