Monday, January 10, 2011

Chocolate is My Weakness

This week I can finally start to try and get my routine down! I just talked to my "personal trainer" (aka my brother) and he gave me a worked out routine and a slightly more strict diet then I'm used to. I think the work out routine should be pretty easy and routine, but it's going to take a lot of control to stick to the diet. A lot of the diet is things I've been aiming for like portion control and less calorie intake. He also suggested only whole grain carbs. Apparently they last longer and aren't as "fast burning." The difficult part will be giving up sugary foods.

I love love love things with sugar! Chocolate is my weakness. A lot of times people will assume that's the main thing that women adore, but it's a little more extreme for me. As in, I can't honestly tell you the last time I went an entire day without some kind of chocolate. It's bad. I'd even go as far to say as it's an addiction. Maybe not just to chocolate, but to sugar in general. People can be addicted to caffeine and even exercise, so why can't I be addicted to sugar? Not saying I want to be addicted to it, but signs point close to it if ya know what I mean.

So I was planning on going back to school tonight, but it got late and my parents told me to go tomorrow. It's actually a good thing. I'm not too familiar with some of the machines my brother told me to use so I'm going to go to the gym with my dad tomorrow morning and explore. That way I'll be at a hospital gym where they can show me how to use all the machines and if I get hurt my dad will be right there and, well, it's a hospital gym.

One really annoying thing from today was that I had this horrible gas! I know fiber is supposed to be a big part of diets and stuff, but man oh man! This stuff is just ridiculous. I'll have to eat something with less fiber tomorrow morning for breakfast. Ya know, I really love breakfast. You can have so much variety in it! Yogurt, parfaits, bagels, grits, cereal, fruit, granola, whatever you want! It's said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Well, this is true. I was watching that MTV new reality show called "I used to be Fat," and one of the trainers explained it. You should eat within the first hour of being awake because you haven't been eating for 8 or so hours (or however long you've been asleep) and your body is HUNGRY! Even if we don't feel hungry, we are! It makes sense if you ask me. When I'm awake, if I go 8 hours without eating, I'm starving!

So anyway, I'll be starting a new work out routine that will put me in the gym about an hour every other day or so for those that volunteered to come with me. Pray I can be consistent and that I don't get too sore from the workout and that I don't get hurt. Oh, and pray I can stay away from sweets. Yeah, pray hard for that one!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and He does, so I can.
--Maggie Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment