Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Years//First Weigh-In

I forgot to post yesterday so this is for today and yesterday..

It's 2011 and everyone around me is saying how absolutely wonderful it will be. I have to agree, I feel like it will top 2010 without even trying. Since it's a new year, everyone around me is also making their "new year resolutions." Ever since I can remember my New Year resolution was, "I will lose X amount of weight in this many months." Every year, that would happen, for about a week. I remember hearing once on the radio that anyone with extreme resolutions would break them after about 2 weeks. TWO WEEKS! That's why this year, I'm not making "New Year's Resolutions."

I'm making New Year's New Habits.

Habits are the entire reason why I have gained so much weight over the past few years. When I was overweight in like 6 or 7th grade, the doctor told me if I stayed at that weight, I would be at a relatively healthy weight for the rest of my life. Since then I have gained more than 60lbs. 60lbs in about 7 years. And most of that occurred in highschool. I would eat as I pleased and as much as I pleased.

I've heard before it takes like 21 days to make a habit and God-knows how long to break a habit.
So, here are the habits I plan on breaking:
1. Eating more than one portion at a time/meal
2. Sleeping in everyday//taking a nap everyday
3. watching so much TV
4. not studying
5. not exercising

and by breaking those main 5 habits, I plan on forming the opposite habits:
1. eating one portion
2. waking up no later than 9am 6 days a week//working out instead of napping
3. trying to watch between 2-3 hours of TV a day
4. studying a little everyday
5. trying to get to the gym at least 3x's a week.

Now I know some of this is a little hard to probably start a habit with, but I know it can happen. People have done it before. And, I don't promise to keep to these everyday. I feel like that is completely unrealistic. There will be a day that I can't make it to the gym or watched 4 hours of TV. I will mess up, but hopefully that won't get me down.

My life is no longer a checklist for what good I have done for the day or what bad I have done. I just want to do things without thinking about it.

So, let the habits began! And let my body feel weird if I don't make it to the gym 3x's a week or eat 2 portions of dinner.

So, in closing, I weighed myself today. The first weigh of the new year. The first of 2011. I didn't lost weight. In fact I gained .8lbs. I'm trying really hard not to let that get to me. I know I had 3 parties I went to and ate at all of them and the calorie count was definitely off. But I don't want that to be my excuse every week. I do believe it contributed, but if I had exercised, maybe it would have made a difference. Let's see what happens this week and today.

This is difficult, it always has been. Pray. Pray hard. Don't just pray I lose weight, pray God changes my mindset about food, that He helps me feel full and satisfied. Even pray that He speeds up my metabolism. Those are practical prayers. Thanks. =)

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and He does, so I can.
--Maggie Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment