Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Work It Out!

Yeah, I know. I keep missing days. Yesterday I moved back up to my college town so I was preoccupied by packing and driving and stuff. Please forgive it.

I did my first workout yesterday! It went really well. I definitely need to challenge myself a little more as far as the weight training is concerned. I'm pretty sore around my shoulders and peck muscles, but my legs are absolutely fine. Definitely can use more weight, which is super exciting for me. See, after I had surgery in July on my knee, I didn't use it much. Even during my PT sessions, it wasn't much. So, consequentially, the quad muscle in my right leg went down a lot and wasn't as strong as it used to be. It's getting there again but it's taking a while. So, the fact that I was pumping 100lbs on the leg press without pain and am not sore today is pretty exciting to me! I've always loved the muscle in my legs and prided it, so when it went away, I wasn't too thrilled. The fact that it's coming back is like woah exciting! =)

My brother/personal trainer gave me an interval cardio routine to do. I do 2 minutes of relatively light elliptical (again really exciting because a few months ago my knee said no way to the elliptical) and then 1 minute of intense level and speed. I loved it! I was out of breath and sweating, but it felt pretty outstanding! On a side note, I have asthma. It's not bad and I don't have asthma attacks, but if it's cold weather out, then when I work out my chest tightens up and it gets hard to breathe deeply. My dad thinks I might should get an inhaler. It doesn't hinder me right now, but I guess eventually it could. So I'll probably get some sort of inhaler that I can take before and after working out so that I can breathe easy.

Today, I just got done planning my meals from now til Sunday. I plan on shopping every week so that I can plan my meals better. I'm not going to be home Friday til Saturday afternoon so I don't have much to get today. I am however going get some basic things that will last a while or that I'm eating within the next few days. Like granola bars, nuts, fruit. My brother recommends those snacks but I'm open to other suggestions. =)

So, everything is good right now. I'll be back at the gym tomorrow and starting school next week. I can't wait to get back into the swing of things! =)

My prayer requests today are for you to pray I can control my eating even when I go on the retreat(Friday-Saturday) and that I can figure out the right weight to start off with with weight training.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, and He does, so I can.
--Maggie Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment